Saturday, April 21, 2012

Documentation Continued


While working on eutester documentation last week I came across and watched this online Git tutorial video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDR433b0HJY). Scott Chacon (GitHub staff member) explains how the Git system works overall and how to use all the basic commands. I thought it was a good way to get an even better understanding of Git if you plan on using it in the future beyond this class. I also watched this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ZL14WWEJI&feature=relmfu) where another Git expert showed some useful tips and tricks.

Last week I documented the euwebuser.py file in the eucaweb directory which is a simple script that sets up user accounts. But I wasn't able to push the changes right away because GitHub wasn't verifying my ssh key for some reason. I finally figured out the problem and pushed my modifications to the class's repository. Kind of cool to see Git working in real practice. I've also begun working on the webtestcase.py scprit and should have it documented later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment